This 60×60″ quilt of the planet Mars includes the actual topographic GIS data of the surface of the rocky red planet.
- Measures 60 x 60 x 0.125″ with hand-sewn double fold binding
- GIS data of Mars geological features sourced from PIGWAD (U.S.G.S. Planetary GIS Web Server) – download the free data here
- Software used: ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, V-Carve, Art and Stitch, HandiQuilter Pro Stitcher
- Machine quilted with an HQ18 Avante CNC Long Arm Quilter at TechShop Chandler
- Front fabrics: Wilmington Batiks Colorglow Watercolor Texture Black and Island Batik Coral Reef Batiks Vertical Lines Shades of Orange
- Back fabric: Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solid Black
- Batting: Hobbs Batting Heirloom 80/20 Cotton Poly Black
- Made in Arizona, USA
If you’d like to commission this or another quilt, please contact me here!